Membership pricing will be set from 1st July each year for the financial year ahead with notification of any changes issued in early June.
We recognise that starting a news service is hard and expensive. LINA supports start-up newsrooms by offering discount membership rates in your first year of operations.
We are currently inviting Flagship level LINA membership, which gives you access to all resources, tools and guides, group discount offers, networking events, training opportunities, information and opt-in collaborations.
LINA members are locally owned and controlled news publishers, creating news content by and for a defined community.
Hallmarks of LINA membership include:
- You publish quality news content that meets the LINA Editorial Standards;
- While you might also have a print publication and/or other platforms, LINA members are digital native;
- You are independently owned (whether not-for-profit, sole traders, partnerships, cooperatives or companies, you are owned and operated within the community you serve);
- You engage journalists and contributors who are based within your location/community; and
- You are community focussed, delivering public interest news and information on a broad range of topics to the community and responsive to the needs and priorities of your community.
LINA member services are primarily (but not exclusively) aimed at supporting small news providers with fewer than five (FTE equivalent) paid staff and are either not-for-profit or have an annual turnover of less than $350,000, however publishers with a higher income level are welcome to join.
Contact us if you’d like to discuss your membership eligibility – we’d love to chat.
*Coming soon, expected by June 2023 **Coming soon, expected by December 2023